To apply for one of the positions listed below:
If for any reason you are unable to complete this on-line application form, please contact Human Resources at 518.695.5000 for alternative application methods.
Fort Miller FAB3 Corp., Greenwich, NYWe are actively seeking an Assembler to join our growing team on second shift, working four ten hour shifts, Monday through Thursday. This individual will assist in the assembly of highway equipment and custom metal fabrication. This position may also assist in the loading and unloading of finished product and raw materials.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to read a tape measure and prints/shop drawings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability meet deadlines as assigned.
- Automotive repair experience preferred.
- One to three years experience in a manufacturing or similar environment desired.
WELDERS – MIG AND FCAW – SECOND SHIFT
Fort Miller FAB3 Corp., Greenwich, NYWe are now seeking experienced welders to join our growing team on second shift, working four ten hour shifts, Monday through Thursday. Our welders are involved in MIG and FCAW welding of steel forms, the manufacture of municipal equipment such as spreaders and dump bodies as well as general metal fabrication.
- MIG and FCAW welding on mild steel.
- Experience with stainless steel preferred.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to read shop drawings and follow verbal instructions.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- AWS certifications, including D1.1, D1.6 and D1.3, are desired.
The Fort Miller Service Corp., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Service Corp. is seeking a full time Customer Service Representative to work out of our Greenwich location. This position is temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent. This individual will deliver vaults to cemeteries in and around the area and will service funerals according to the needs of our funeral director customers.
- Clean and valid drivers’ license.
- Clean and neat physical appearance.
- The ability to perform heavy physical labor in all weather conditions.
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Dept. of Transportation physical.
ACCESS CONTROL SPECIALIST
Access Anvil Corp., Greenwich, NYAccess Anvil has a great opportunity for a mechanically inclined individual who will be responsible for safely installing and servicing gate operators, access control equipment, cameras, perimeter monitoring equipment, etc. This includes all troubleshooting and repair of units, including electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to read and interpret complex contract plans and schematics.
- Clean and valid drivers’ license.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be on call for emergencies.
- Ability to perform moderate physical labor, including lifting up to 75 lbs on occasion, and work outside.
- Experience installing and repairing electrical and/or electronic systems such as garage door openers, gate operators, etc. in a commercial or industrial environment is preferred.
PROJECT MANAGER –CORRECTIONS
Tymetal Corp., Greenwich, NYTymetal has a unique opportunity for an individual with both sales and project management experience in the constructions industry. This position works closely with the Correctional Sales Manager on all phases of a correctional installation/repair project, from initial project review, to the development of an accurate estimate and bid submission to project planning and execution. The Project Manager may also provide technical oversight to our customers during gate system installations.
- Associate degree.
- Five years or more of construction experience, preferably in the corrections industry.
- Strong construction/mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail and strong project planning skills.
- Ability to read complex prints and project specifications.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Clean and valid drivers’ license and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Up to 50% travel.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to perform heaving physical labor on occasion.
Tymetal Corp., Greenwich, NYTymetal Corp. has a great opportunity for a full time Designer/Draftsperson to develop layouts, cut sheets and designs for our steel and aluminum gate products. This individual will also convert sales orders to work orders and perform shop floor maintenance using our JD Edwards (ERP) software.
- AAS in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Science.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and outstanding attention to detailt.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
TECHNICAL SALES ASSOCIATE/INSIDE SALES
Tymetal Corp., Greenwich, NYTymetal has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, sales-driven, detail oriented and organized individual to join our Sales Specification and Inside Sales team. This individual will work with architects and engineers to identify sales opportunities and promote Tymetal products and will eventually work to prepare price quotations, enter sales orders, respond to technical product inquiries and follow up on sales leads. This individual must be customer service oriented and willing to go the extra mile to serve the customer.
- High level of energy, self-motivated and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office and contact management software. AutoCAD experience preferred.
- AAS in a technical field.
- At least three years of experience in a technical sales or sales support role preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
The Fort Miller Co., Inc., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Co., Inc. has a couple of full time openings for individuals with construction experience, specifically in the areas of concrete work and carpentry. We also have a number of full time opportunities performing heavy physical labor. Duties include the set up and preparation of forms, pouring and finishing concrete, and the stripping of forms. General housekeeping such as sweeping, cleaning and putting away tools is also required.
- The ability to perform heavy physical labor, lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- The ability to understand common measurements of length.
- The ability to withstand exposure to diesel fumes, extreme temperatures and form oil/concrete.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and weekends.
MANAGER – ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
The Fort Miller Group, Inc., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Group has a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for the safety, health and welfare of our associates! This individual will develop, monitor and direct the environmental, safety and health efforts of multiple subsidiaries of The Fort Miller Group. He/she will work closely with all associates to identify and implement safe work practices and procedures, develop and execute effective training programs and develop and promote safety as a recognized value in our workplace. Our Manager will act as the liaison between the company and state and federal safety and health agencies, including the NYS Dept. of Labor, OSHA and the Dept. of Env. Conservation.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field and five years or more of experience required.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations, including construction regulations.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with equipment and machine operations.
Fort Miller FAB3 Corp., Greenwich, NYFort Miller FAB3 Corp., a subsidiary of The Fort Miller Group, Inc., seeks a Production Manager to develop and lead our fabrication team to ensure that we safely and efficiently manufacture high quality products on a consistent basis. This individual works closely with sales and engineering to set the production schedule to meet delivery dates and effectively manages associates on the shop floor to ensure safety, quality and productivity targets are being met and that all equipment is maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of production management experience in a machine shop environment.
- Experience in metal fabrication, including machine operation and welding.
- Ability to read complex prints and shop drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an understanding of electrical wiring and hydraulics.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance processes and documentation requirements.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision to meet deadlines and accomplish production goals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under stress in an environment with constant interruptions.
TEAM LEADER – PLANT & EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
The Fort Miller Co., Inc., Greenwich, NYFort Miller has a dynamic opportunity for an individual with management experience coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills and attention to detail. This position will oversee a group of vehicle/construction equipment mechanics and maintenance associates to ensure superior service to all departments within Fort Miller.
- Five or more years performing maintenance and mechanical work in an industrial environment.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and electronics.
- Thorough understanding of the mgmt process, such as material flows, purchasing constraints, scheduling, etc.
- Understanding of relevant safety regulations, including OSHA and DOT.
- Computer proficiency, including Word and Excel.
The Fort Miller Group, Inc., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Group continues to grow and is adding a cleaning position to our Facilities team. This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys cleaning and takes a lot of pride in his or her work. Our Facilities Cleaner will perform routine cleaning tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming and mopping and will also be responsible for special projects as needed.
- Experience cleaning in an industrial or commercial environment.
- Ability to work evenings (2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.).
- High level of energy and self-motivation and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and withstand exposure to cleaning chemicals.
THE FORT MILLER GROUP, INC. Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 98, Schuylerville, NY 12871 E-mail: HumanResources@fmgroup.com Tel (518)695-5000 Fax (518)695-5178The Fort Miller Group, Inc. and all affiliates are equal opportunity employers. As such, we recruit, hire, train and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, , sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, disability, veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal employment opportunity is the law. Click here to see the poster. Tymetal Corp. is an EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet.