To apply for one of the positions listed below:
If for any reason you are unable to complete this on-line application form, please contact Human Resources at 518.695.5000 for alternative application methods.
TEAM LEADER – PLANT & EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
The Fort Miller Co., Inc., Greenwich, NYFort Miller has a dynamic opportunity for an individual with management experience coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills and attention to detail. This position will oversee a group of vehicle/construction equipment mechanics and maintenance associates to ensure superior service to all departments within Fort Miller.
- Five or more years performing maintenance and mechanical work in an industrial environment.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and electronics.
- Thorough understanding of the mgmt process, such as material flows, purchasing constraints, scheduling, etc.
- Understanding of relevant safety regulations, including OSHA and DOT.
- Computer proficiency, including Word and Excel.
Tymetal Corp., Greenwich, NYTymetal Corp. has a great opportunity for a full time Designer/Draftsperson to develop layouts, cut sheets and designs for our steel and aluminum gate products. This individual will also convert sales orders to work orders and perform shop floor maintenance using our JD Edwards (ERP) software.
- AAS in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Science.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and outstanding attention to detailt.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
The Fort Miller Group, Inc., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Group continues to grow and is adding a cleaning position to our Facilities team. This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys cleaning and takes a lot of pride in his or her work. Our Facilities Cleaner will perform routine cleaning tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming and mopping and will also be responsible for special projects as needed.
- Experience cleaning in an industrial or commercial environment.
- Ability to work evenings (2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.).
- High level of energy and self-motivation and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and withstand exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Access Anvil Corp., Greenwich, NYAccess Anvil Corp. seeks a high energy, self-motivated and goal oriented individual who will work closely with our sales team to provide detailed estimates as well as engineering support in the form of AutoCAD drawings and tool path design (i.e. MasterCAM). In addition to being outgoing and able to build relationships, this individual must also have an attention to detail to be able to determine project specifications and accurately generate quotations.
- Associate degree in a technical field required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Sales experience preferred, including estimating from complex project plans.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office and AutoCAD experience required.
- Project management experience preferred.
Fort Miller FAB3 Corp., Greenwich, NYFort Miller FAB3 Corp. seeks an Engineering Manager to lead our team of design engineers and drafters, ensuring high quality product design and show drawings. As part of the senior management team, this individual will also have a role in setting the strategic vision for the company and developing effective policies and procedures.
- Design of new or custom products as well as the re-design of existing products. Management of the Engineering Dept. to ensure the quality of the shop drawings as well as the accuracy of the product routings, bills of materials and special instructions, seeking continuous improvement in productivity and quality.
- Technical support to the Sales Dept. to assist in the development of an accurate quotation.
- Interaction with customers to discuss design options.
- Lead our product innovation team and foster an environment of creativity and out of the box thinking to enhance and add to our existing product lines.
- Work with production to develop and introduce new manufacturing methods to the shop floor to improve production safety, quality and productivity.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Proficiency with both AutoCAD and SolidWorks (or similar 3D modeling package) as well as MS Office. Familiarity with ERP software required.
- At least five years of experience leading an engineering department, including a strong background in process design and improvement. Ability to be a team leader, directly motivating and encouraging other associates to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
- At least ten years of experience in a machine shop environment, including metal cutting, bending and welding.
- A strong sense of curiosity and interest in improving products and growing our business.
- Attention to detail and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
MANAGER – ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
The Fort Miller Group, Inc., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Group has a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for the safety, health and welfare of our associates! This individual will develop, monitor and direct the environmental, safety and health efforts of multiple subsidiaries of The Fort Miller Group. He/she will work closely with all associates to identify and implement safe work practices and procedures, develop and execute effective training programs and develop and promote safety as a recognized value in our workplace. Our Manager will act as the liaison between the company and state and federal safety and health agencies, including the NYS Dept. of Labor, OSHA and the Dept. of Env. Conservation.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field and five years or more of experience required.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations, including construction regulations.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with equipment and machine operations.
TECHNICAL SALES ASSOCIATE/INSIDE SALES
Tymetal Corp., Greenwich, NYTymetal has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, sales-driven, detail oriented and organized individual to join our Sales Specification and Inside Sales team. This individual will work with architects and engineers to identify sales opportunities and promote Tymetal products and will eventually work to prepare price quotations, enter sales orders, respond to technical product inquiries and follow up on sales leads. This individual must be customer service oriented and willing to go the extra mile to serve the customer.
- High level of energy, self-motivated and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office and contact management software. AutoCAD experience preferred.
- AAS in a technical field.
- At least three years of experience in a technical sales or sales support role preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
Tymetal Corp., Greenwich, NYTymetal, a leading gate system manufacturer in the United States, has an exciting opportunity for a strong leader who is mechanically inclined, enjoys working with people and thrives in a team-based environment where the customer always comes first and continuous improvement is required! This individual oversees a team of 5-7 technicians, ensuring that we provide a superior level of service to our customers, both in person and over the phone while also providing assistance to customers such as troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues and processing parts orders as needed. The Customer Service Manager must be interested in exploring new technologies available and assist the sales department in the integration of new product offerings to our customers.
- AAS in a technical field.
- Prior experience with gate operators and access control systems required.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with mechanical and electrical components.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with no supervision.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including MS Office and contact management software.
FENCE INSTALLERS- RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
Access Anvil Corp., Greenwich, NYAccess Anvil has a few openings on our commercial/industrial fence installation team for those who enjoy physical labor, working outside and doing something a little different every day. Anvil Fence & We will provide training for these positions, which work approximately nine months per year.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites.
- OSHA 10-hour is preferred.
The Fort Miller Co., Inc., Greenwich, NYThe Fort Miller Co., Inc. has a couple of full time openings for individuals with construction experience, specifically in the areas of concrete work and carpentry. We also have a number of full time opportunities performing heavy physical labor. Duties include the set up and preparation of forms, pouring and finishing concrete, and the stripping of forms. General housekeeping such as sweeping, cleaning and putting away tools is also required.
- The ability to perform heavy physical labor, lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- The ability to understand common measurements of length.
- The ability to withstand exposure to diesel fumes, extreme temperatures and form oil/concrete.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and weekends.
THE FORT MILLER GROUP, INC. Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 98, Schuylerville, NY 12871 E-mail: HumanResources@fmgroup.com Tel (518)695-5000 Fax (518)695-5178The Fort Miller Group, Inc. and all affiliates are equal opportunity employers. As such, we recruit, hire, train and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, , sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, disability, veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal employment opportunity is the law. Click here to see the poster. Tymetal Corp. is an EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet.